Assistant Professor Grade I
Date of Joining: 12/07/2019
Academic/Industrial Experience: 17+ years
Google Scholar: Click Here
- Ph.D (Electrical & Electronics Engineering).: National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, 2013
- M.E (Power Electronics and Drives).: MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi, TN, 2005
- B.E (Electrical & Electronics Engineering).:Noorul Islam college of Engineering, TN , 2003
- July 2019 – Present : Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, Silchar, Assam, 788010, India
- Jan 2013 – July 2019 : Associate Professor, School of Electrical Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu.
- May 2005 – Feb 2008: Lecturer , Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul, TN
AREA OF INTEREST AND SPECIALIZATION (INCLUDING RESEARCH AREA)
- Power Electronics application to Power Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Smart Grid
- FACTS devices
- Optimization techniques
- Multilevel Inverters
- Renewable energy sources
- Fuel Cells
SHORT BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
Dr. Sreejith S, graduated in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Noorul Islam College of Engineering. He obtained his masters in Power Electronics and Drives from MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College Sivakasi. He did his full time doctorate at National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli on the area “ Power Electronics Application to Power System”. Presently he is working as Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Silchar. Before joining NIT , he worked as Associate Professor, Energy and Power Electronics Department, School of Electrical Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore. His areas of interest are Power Electronics, Renewable Energy Sources, Drives, Smart Grid, Optimization techniques, FACTS and HVDC, Electric Vehicles, Fuel Cells
SUBJECTS TAUGHT (INCLUDING SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING)
- Smart Grid
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Renewable Energy Sources and Management
- Power Electronics
- Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Power Electronics Applications to Power System
- Advanced Semiconductor Devices
- Electronic Circuits
- Electric Drives and Control
- Circuits and Networks
- Analysis of Converters
- IEEE (Member), ISTE (Life Member)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
|1||A DEVICE FOR ASSISTING RESPIRATION||Indian||Granted (429039)|
|2||A DUAL OUTPUT MULTISTAGE SWITCHED CAPACITOR QUADRATIC BOOST DC- DC CONVERTER DEVICE||German||Granted ( H02M 3/156)|
|3||A PORTABLE OPHTHALMIC APPARATUS FOR SCREENING DIABETIC RETINOPATHY||Indian||Published|
1. DPMC (Department PhD Monitoring Committee) Secretory, Electrical Engineering Department
2. GATE co-ordinator for Electrical Engineering Department
- Suresh Muthusamy, Sreejith Sekaran ” An Extensive Review on Deep Learning and Machine Learning Intervention in Prediction and Classification of Types of Aneurysms” Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, Vol 131, pp: 2055–2080, 2023
- Chintan Patel , Tanmoy Malakar and Sreejith.S ” Assessment of Converter Performance in Hybrid AC-DC Power System under Optimal Power Flow with Minimum Number of DC Link Control Variables” Energies , Vol 15, Issue 16, pp: 1-20, 2023
- Sreejith Sekaran, Sovit Kumar Pradhan Indrojeet Chakraborty, “A novel non-isolated high gain multiport DC-DC converter for integrating fuel cell/solar PV and battery energy storage system” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, Taylor & Francis, Vol 45, Issue 1, pp: 1994-2012, 2023
- Sreejith Sekaran, Indrojeet Chakraborty, Sovit Kumar Pradhan “ An enhanced DC-DC boost converter based stand-alone PV-Battery OFFGrid system with voltage balancing capability for fluctuating environmental and load conditions” Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, Taylor & Francis, Vol 44, Issue 3, pp: 8347-8265, 2022
- Sreejith S , Velamuri Suresh; Suresh Kumar Sudabattula; S Hari Charan Cherukuri; Natarajan Prabaharan; Pierluigi Siano, Hassan Haes Alhelou “Stochastic Economic Dispatch incorporating Commercial Electric Vehicles and Fluctuating Energy Sources” IEEE Access, Nov 2020
- Sreejith.S , Velamuri Suresh · S. Suresh Kumar Sudabattula · Vikram Kumar Kamboj” Demand response-integrated economic dispatch incorporating renewable energy sources using ameliorated dragonfly algorithm “Electrical Engineering, Springer, pp: 1-22, 2019
- Sreejith.S, Venkateswari R “Factors influencing the efficiency of Photovoltaic System – A review”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, 101, pp: 376-394 , 2019
- Sreejith.S, Reshma Gopi R “Converter topologies in photovoltaic applications – A review”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, Vol : 94, pp. 1-14, 2018
- Sreejith.S, Karthick Balasubramanian” Performance Comparison of Multi Input Capacitor Converter circuits “International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 8 (5), pp: 3471-3483, 2018
- Sreejith.S, Indragandhi V, Arunkumari “Topologies of a DC–DC Converter for Micro-grid Application and Implementation of Parallel Quadratic Boost Converter” Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering , Springer, pp 633-634 , 2018
- Sreejith.S, Velamuri Suresh,” Generation Dispatch of Combined Solar Thermal systems using Dragonfly Algorithm”, Computing, Springer , 99(1), 2017, pp: 59-80
- S. Sreejith ,A Chitra, Razia Sultana. W, J. Vanishree, , Sherin Jose, Alphons J Pulickan “Performance Comparison of Multilevel Inverter Topologies for Closed Loop v/f Controlled Induction Motor Drive” Energy Procedia, Elsevier, vol 117, pp: 958-965, 2017
- S Sreejith, P Ponnambalam, K Muralikumar, P Vasundhara, , Babu Challa “Fuzzy Controlled Switched Capacitor Boost Inverter “Energy Procedia, Elsevier, vol 117, pp: 909-916, 2017
- Sreejith S, Velamuri, S “Power flow analysis incorporating renewable energy sources and FACTS devices” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER) 7 (1), 451-458, 2017
- S Sreejith, SP Simon ,”Security Constrained Unit Commitment Incorporating Interline Power Flow Controller “Periodica Polytechnica Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 61 (1), pp: 22-33, 2017
- Sreejith.S, Muruganandam M, Dhanalakshmi, Indragandhi , “Security Constraint Unit Commitment on combined solar thermal generating units using ABC Algorithm” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Vol 6(4), 1361-1372, 2016
- Sreejith . S, Velamuri Suresh, P. Ponnambalam “Static Economic Dispatch Incorporating UPFC Using Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm” Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, Volume 436, 2016, pp: 757-769
- Sreejith.S, Velamuri Suresh , “Static Economic Dispatch Incorporating Wind Farm using Flower Pollination Algorithm ”, Perspectives in Science, Elsevier, Vol : 8, 2016, pp: 260-262.
- Sreejith.S, Velamuri Suresh, “ Performance Analysis of multi functional VSC based FACTS devices in Power flow Management ” Periodica Polytechnica Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vol : 60(2), pp: 125-134, 2016.
- Sreejith.S, Velamuri Suresh, ” Reserve Constrained Economic Dispatch Incorporating Solar Farm using Particle Swarm Optimization.” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research , Volume 6, no. 1, 2016, pp: 1462-1468.
- Sreejith.S, Sishaj P Simon, M P Selvan, “Analysis of FACTS Devices on Security Constrained Unit Commitment Problem” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems , Elsevier, Volume 66, 2015, pp 280–293.
- Sreejith.S, Velamuri Suresh ” Economic Dispatch and Cost Analysis on a Power System Network Interconnected With Solar Farm ” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research , Volume 5, Issue 4, 2015, pp: 1098-1105.
- Sreejith.S, Sishaj P Simon” Cost benefit analysis on SVC and UPFC in a dynamic economic dispatch problem”, International Journal of Energy Sector Management, Volume 8 Issue: 3, 2014, pp: 395-428
- Sreejith, Sishaj P Simon , M.P.Selvan” Optimal Location of IPFC using ABC Algorithm” Achieves of Electrical Engineering, VOL. 62(1), 2013, pp: 91-110
- S.Sreejith, Sishaj P Simon , M.P.Selvan , “Performance Comparison of FACTS Devices For Steady State Power Flow Control” , International Review on Modeling and Simulations , Vol:5, April 2012, pp: 576-587
- S.Sreejith, Sishaj P Simon , M.P.Selvan” Optimal Location of Interline Power Flow Controller in a Power System Network using DE Algorithm “International Review on Modeling and Simulations , Vol:5, April 2012, pp: 690-701
- DK Patel, H Phukan, S Mansani, J Singh, S Sreejith, AK Goswami, R Patel “Smart Grid Communication and Information Technologies: A Review” Smart Technologies for Power and Green Energy , Springer, pp 45–59, 2022.
- Sreejith.S, Rituparna Paul “ Electric Vehicle Cell Balancing using Single and Multi-tiered Switched Capacitor “ , ICEPE 2022 Shillong. pp: 1-6, 2022
- Sreejith.S, SK Nej, I Chakraborty “ Dual-Output Multistage Switched-Capacitor Quadratic Boost (MSC-QBC) DC-DC Converter for Solar Photovoltaic Application” IFAC-PapersOnLine , Elsevier, 55(1), pp: 965-970, 2022.
- A Chitra, A Manathara, K Sivaramakrishnan, W Razia Sultana, S Sreejith “ Performance Comparison of Conventional IC and Dragonfly-Based MPPT for Solar PV Systems Under Partial Shading Conditions” Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 700, pp. 35–48, 2021
- S Sreejith, A Rani, S Mansani “Estimation of Payback Period Incorporating SVC and TCSC in SCUC Problem” Advances in Smart Grid Technology, pp: 335-352, 2021
- S Mansani, RY Udaykumar, A Rani, S Sreejith” Phase Balancing of DG-Integrated Smart Secondary Distribution Network” Advances in Smart Grid Technology, pp: 321-333, 2021.
- Sreejith.S, Venkateswari.R, “Load Compensation using DSTATCOM” Innovations in Power and Advanced Computing Technologies (i-PACT) , pp: 1-5, 2019
- Sreejith.S, S.Kengam, “An Efficient Energy Management System For Hybrid Renewable Energy Sources” Innovations in Power and Advanced Computing Technologies (i-PACT) , pp: 1-6, 2019
- Velamuri, S., Sreejith, S., Sudabattula, S.K. “Static economic dispatch incorporating renewable energy resources and FACTS devices “IEEE- ICICS 2018, pp: 1-6
- Suresh, V., Sreejith, S “Demand Response integrated Dynamic Economic Dispatch” IEEE INDICON , 2017, pp: 1-6
- Princy, U., Jaseena, S., Sreedharan, S., Sreejith, S “Voltage stability analysis of power system network integrated with renewable source and SVC “ IEEE IPACT , 2017. pp: 1-6
- Sreejith S, Tejaswini P and Mohan Kumar “Series Connected Switched Source Based Five Level Multilevel Inverter “International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies, ICCPCT 2016, pp: 1-6, 2016
- Suresh, Velamuri, and S. Sreejith. “Performance comparison of SVC and TCSC in power flow control.” IEEE International Conference in Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), , pp. 1-5. 2015.
- Sreejith.S, MP Kumar, P Ponnambalam, J BelwinEdward, “Comparison of fuzzy and MPC based buck converter “IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), IIT Roorkee, pp: 1 – 6, 2014
- Sreejith.S, Raja Basak , Paruchuri Nishita, Zaid Elias, “Harmonic Elimination in Common Arm Three Phase Isolated H-Bridge Multi Level Inverter”, IEEE International Conference on. Control, Instrumentation, Communication & Computational Technologies, pp:1-5, 2014
- Upama Bose, K. Muni Divya Sree Vachana, Vallathur Jyothi, Sreejith.S,” Application of D-STATCOM as load compensator for power factor correction”, IEEE International Conference on. Control, Instrumentation, Communication & Computational Technologies,pp:1-5 2014
- Upama Bose, K. Muni Divya Sree Vachana, Vallathur Jyothi,Sreejith.S, ” Performance Analysis of Four-switch Three-phase Inverter-fed Induction Motor drive “ IEEE International conference of Power and Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy,pp:1-5 2014.
- Shriram. S. Rangarajan ,Sreejith.S “Novel 24 Hour Usage of a PV Solar Farm for Reducing Line Loss “,IEEE International Conference on Energy Efficient Technologies for Sustainability,pp:1-6, 2013.
- Sreejith.S, Shriram. S. Rangarajan , S.P.Sabberwal, “Cost Estimation and Recovery Analysis of a PV Solar Farm Utilized Round the Clock” IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference: South Asia Satellite (GHTC-SAS), pp: 1-6,2013
- Shriram. S. Rangarajan, Sreejith.S, “Effect Of Distributed Generation on Line Losses and Network Resonances “IEEE international conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering, pp:1-6,2014
- Sreejith.S, Shriram. S. Rangarajan , Ambili M. ; Sujyothi P. ; Nithya V.G. “Enhancing the Power Transfer Capability in a Power System Network using Series Connected FACTS Devices for Increased Renewable Penetration “IEEE international conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering ,pp:1-6, 2014
- S.Sreejith, Sishaj P Simon , M.P.Selvan “Optimal power flow incorporating thyristor controller series compensator using Differential Evolution” IEEE international conference ICCEET, pp: 174-179, 2012.
- S.Sreejith, Sishaj P Simon , M.P.Selvan “ Comparative evaluation of modeling methods for TCSC in optimal power flow studies” IEEE international conference (EPSCICON), pp:1-6,2012
- S.Sreejith, Sishaj P Simon , M.P.Selvan , “Investigations on Power Flow Solutions Using Interline Power Flow Controller (IPFC)” IET International conference on Sustainable Energy and Intelligent System (SEISCON 2011), pp: 63-68, 2011
- S.Sreejith, Sishaj P Simon , M.P.Selvan, “ Power Flow Analysis Incorporating Firing Angle Model Based TCSC”, IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, ICIIS 2010, pp: 496-501,2010
- S.Sreejith, Chandrasekaran. Sishaj P Simon, “ Application of Touring Ant colony Optimization technique for Optimal Power Flow incorporating Thyristor Controlled Series Compensator”, IEEE TENCON Singapore, pp: 1127-1132, 2009.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Scholar||Status||Research Area||Supervision|
|1||Velamuri Suresh||Completed (VIT)||Generation Scheduling Incorporating Renewable Energy Resources and FACTS devices||Sole Supervisor|
|2||Indrojeet Chakraborty||Ongoing||Power Electronic Converters for PV Applications||Sole Supervisor|
|3||Sovit Kumar Pradhan||Ongoing||Power Electronic Converters for fuel cell based Electric Vehicles||Sole Supervisor|
|4||Ekta Mishra||Ongoing||Grid Integration of Solar PV systems||Sole Supervisor|
|5||Jagdish Pitambar Dholwani||Ongoing||Custom Power Devices||Main Supervisor|
|6||Chintan Dalsukh Patel||Ongoing||HVDC Transmission systems||Co- Supervisor|
|7||Srijani Muhkopadhyay||Ongoing||SRM based Electric Vehicles||Co- Supervisor|
|Sl. No.||Name of Scholar||Status||Thesis Title||Supervision|
|1||Paramita Paul||Completed||Generation Scheduling with Incorporation of Renewable Energy Sources and Electric Vehicles||Sole Supervisor|
|2||Sourya Kumar Nej||Completed||Analysis of a novel dual output Multistage switched capacitor Quadratic boost dc-dc converter with Battery energy storage systems for Solar PVapplication||Sole Supervisor|
|3||Rituparna Paul||Completed||Active Cell Balancing Techniques in Electric V ehicles||Sole Supervisor|
|4||Pawan Raj||Ongoing||Fuel cell based Electric Vehicles||Sole Supervisor|