Programme Outcomes (POs) of the Department of Electrical Engineering
Program Outcomes (POs) of the B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering are as follows:
- Ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Ability to formulate and analyze a problem, and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution using basic principles of mathematics, science and computer engineering.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer based system, process, component, or software to meet the desired needs.
- Ability to design and conduct research based experiments, perform analysis and interpretation of data and provide valid conclusions.
- Ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Understanding of legal, health, security, cultural and social issues, and thereby ones responsibility in their application in Professional Engineering practice.
- Understanding of the impact of professional engineering solutions on environmental context and the need for sustainable development.
- Understanding and commitment towards the professional and ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual, and as a team member/leader in accomplishing a common goal.
- Ability to communicate effectively, make effective presentations and write and comprehend technical reports and publications.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies, and use them effectively towards continued professional development throughout the life.
- Understanding of engineering and management principles and their application to manage projects in the software industry.